SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 21, 2014

Five on Friday!

Happy Five on Friday (and Spring!!) to you!  I'm so happy that it's Spring, I love seeing all of the little chicks around the neighborhood and all of the flowers that come along with the weather, it's such a happy time!

I'm linking up today with my Five on Friday girls to show you what I've been digging this week.

one:  Nail polish - as a new season approaches I always get excited about new polishes and changing up painting my nails - well, toes because let's face it - I'm a mom and my nails always chip (I still need to pick up those Sally Hansen nail stickers to see if they don't chip on me).  Anyway, it's Spring so it's time to switch it up and paint my nails some brighter hues.  I'm loving these:

I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the blue, but loving the flowers!

color by Essie - Bangle Jangle


two:  FROZEN came in the mail this week!  I think I was just as excited as my daughter was.  We both couldn't wait to hear the delivery man's knock on the door!!  It's such a great movie!



three: Because no Five on Friday wouldn't be complete without a room that I love...

How pretty are the neutral tones mixed with the yellow chair and blue hutch... LOVE!

four: Natalie posted this Korean Beef Bowl on her blog the other day and I can't wait to make it.  I love reading her blog and a bonus - she has some awesome recipes!



five:  I'm not sure if it's me getting mature since I'll be 30 in a couple of short months, but I've been loving quotes lately.  Here's one that I liked this week.



We're off to see Disney On Ice, have a great weekend!!


post signature

*also linking up with High Five for Friday and Friday Favorites

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Love that quote! So so true! And happy early bday!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I love that quote because I am a hoarder due to the fact that I think there will be a more special time to use it. Like wine. How do you know when to open the special bottle??? I don't KNOW LOL

Elle Sees said...

i'm the only person who hasn't seen frozen, yet i know all the songs!

ap said...

Love that quote!!! I need to practice that more. And ahhh those nails are gorgeous. I rarely do anything with my finger nails because it just doesn't last (share about the SH nail stuff as soon as you can). Yes, I love that room too, one day I will have a nice clean white room! Have fun this weekend :-)

ap said...

Love that quote!!! I need to practice that more. And ahhh those nails are gorgeous. I rarely do anything with my finger nails because it just doesn't last (share about the SH nail stuff as soon as you can). Yes, I love that room too, one day I will have a nice clean white room! Have fun this weekend :-)

JMO said...

ok 1. I I haven't seen frozen nor do I have children...can I still order to see what the hype is about? hahaha and 2. someone come do my nails with the pretty flowers!!!!

Jillian said...

love that quote!! I need to get a pedicure + mani soon! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Sarah said...

Do you ever watch the tutorials on IG of crazy creative nails? I don't know why but I love watching them!

Taylor Jeavons said...

I LOVE DISNEY ON ICE!!!!! Yep, I'm like 12...

Lisa Loves John said...

I need too see Frozen stat!! I feel like I'm missing out on something big, lol!

birdie to be said...

Love that gray polish and the rug in that room! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the linkip! That blue polish is SO cute! And perfect for spring. :) xoxo

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Oh you will have to share about Disney On Ice! We are planning to take Lily next month when they come to our town! So excited for y'all! Happy Friday Friend!

Plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

Pink and Fabulous said...

Cheers to 30!! You pick such great rooms! We have only watched Frozen 600 times or so ;) Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xo

Alisha said...

Love that quote! And the room-inspiration is awesome!! :) Just found you through the blog hop, new follower here!

Megan at Megan Can said...

I truly loved the wonderful message Frozen had, it was SO good!

I'm a sucker for a darker more neutral nail but have been working SO hard on wearing lighter more spring time polishes! I'm definitely loving the lilac look for this season too!

Have a wonderful time at Disney on Ice!

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

Absolutely love the Essie polishes, especially Bangle Jangle. And that living room is to die for!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I still haven't seen Frozen... it's on my Netflix queue so I definitely want to see it ASAP!

Happy Friday :)

Jen said...

Loving the bright Spring/Summer nail colors!!! Happy weekend, friend!!

Ally Harding said...

Love that lavender nail color. That'll be my next polish for sure. Is it weird Imwas kind of excited about Frozen on DVD, and I don't have kids! I want to make those beef bowls too! They look delicious! Have a great weekend!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

LOVE that room + that quote! Here's to Friday! Xx.

Rachel said...

Sometimes I think we are living parallel lives :P I made that Korean Beef bowl this week and it was delicious!! I am a green onion freak so the more the better. And love those Essie colors, I think I have both :) I too am counting down the months til 30, I have 7 more to go!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I LOVE that first polish, the flowers and the blue are so pretty together. I wish I knew how to do nail art. Have fun at Disney on Ice!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hooray for cute manis and an adorable Disney flick!! :) {I shared a round up of free printables, crafts, & recipes inspired by Frozen! Your lit'l sweetie may enjoy the coloring pages & paper crafts -- so I can't resist sharing ;)} Have fun at Disney on Ice!!! xo

KatiePerk said...

I need to get Frozen. SS isn't into movies yet, but I know she will at some point! I also think I would like it. Have a fun weekend. I need a mani/pedi!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I just picked up a bright blue nail polish today! And I love that room - pretty sure I need that rug! Amazing! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love those blue nails! I have that color...somewhere...

I feel like the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Frozen. Hmm...

Unknown said...

My daughter and I also love Frozen.
My daughter have become pretty obsessed ... and is in love with all the music from the movie.

I like decor in the living room. I love combination of black and white.

Nice blog ...
Enjoy your weekend.
Margaret
http://decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

We have watched Frozen at least three times this week...love love love that movie! And loving that room - the pillows, the rug and the pop of yellow!