SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wino Wednesday: The Blend | Primus 2010

It's been a long time since I've done a Wino Wednesday post, it feels good to be back!  A couple of days ago one of my bffs and I tried The Blend Primus 2010 and we both really liked it.  I'm beginning to see that blends are some of my favorite wines. The Bend is a combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere, Syrah and Merlot. It was pretty delish and easy to drink. The color was a nice deep red, which I love because to me it signifies that it's a good quality wine.



We had the wine alongside dinner which was grilled skirt steak, garlic rice pilaf, green beans, and a kale/brussle sprout salad. It paired nicely, I think it would also go well with a nice sharp cheddar and kalamata olives. Here are the winemaker's notes:"Red and black berry fruit flavors with hints of dried plums, fresh acidity and a long finish with fi ne, elegant tannins." We bought The Blend at Costco (I know, shocker - since that's where most of my wine comes from). If you like cabernets and merlots, I think you'd enjoy this wine a lot.



If you want to try Primus you can buy it here.


Have a wonderful Wednesday friends!

Pink and Fabulous said...

We get this one from time to time and it is always a good choice. Nice and easy. I will pretty much drink any blend with cab in it though ;) #nothardtoplease

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Same here - loving some vino tonight....and love your recommendations! I've tried some, but I think I need to try them all to get a good feel for them!

Unknown said...

You're amazing at picking wine! This one was full of taste but easy to drink. Really enjoyed this one.