SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wino Wednesday - Manos Negras Cabernet

Happy (Wino) Wednesday!


While at the store I came across this bottle of wine called Manos Negras by Vino Del Sol.  I was leery of the wine because it was a screw top and typically I'm disappointed by screw tops, but the wine was on sale and sounded good so I decided to give it a try and I'm happy I did - this wine is incredible!

The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous deep color that the wine had when I poured it, such a deep red - which tells me it's going to be a nice bold wine.







Wine makers notes: 4+ Stars ('11), Restaurant Wine; 92 points ('09), Wilfred Wong.
Ripe red fruits, licorice, pencil lead, and a hint of mint. Complex with good grip in the mouth and a long finish.

This wine would pair great with romano cheese, blue cheese, colby cheese, semi sweet chocolate, fruit with chocolate, and tomato sauce

I paired this wine with our dinner which was St. Louis style bbq ribs, corn on the cob, and my favorite kale salad, and it paired really well in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy it!



Sara said...

Hey Amanda!
New follower here :)
Love your cute blog!
And I love Kale! I've recently discovered it.... I know.... I'm late to the party! But now it's all I seem to want to eat!
Sara
Life with Baby Sophia

Stephanie said...

Yum Yum! I want to try the wine AND that kale salad! :)

Ally Harding said...

I'm always looking for new wines to try! Thanks for this review! I'll have to check out your kale salad too! Yum!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Cheers to wino Wednesday! What a great post idea! It's so hard to find good wines when you are in the store browsing, but this is a great way to know what to buy!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Love the wine recommendations - thanks for sharing, I just have A LOT of catching up to do from past posts! :)

The Modernista said...

I love this post. I'm always on the hunt for a good wine, so I'll def be giving this one a try!

XO
Kari

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)