SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pasta With Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe

You all know I have a love for pasta, it's one of my favorite meals.  I made the most delicious pasta recipe last night from the Pioneer Woman this is probably the best pasta recipe that I have ever made!  When hubby is on shift, and we don't have any leftovers or I don't feel like eating what we have, I usually make something quick but comforting - to me that would be Spanish food (I'm Puerto Rican and Dominican), something in the Crock-Pot or some type of pasta.  This recipe was super fast, delicious and the kids loved it!  This would be great for a "Meatless Monday" meal and also for a night where you're too tuckered out and just want to make something quick.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Medium Onion- Finely cut
  • 4 cloves Garlic - Minced
  • 2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce 
  •  Salt And Pepper, to taste
  •  Dash Of Sugar - To Taste
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  •  Grated Parmesan 
  •  Fresh Basil - Chopped


First cut your onion thinly and mince your garlic



Melt equal parts of butter and olive oil and sautee the onions and garlic until the onions are opaque


Pour the two cans of tomato sauce in and season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste -- let simmer on low for 25-30 min... it smells heavenly already at this point


While the sauce is cooking get your pasta water ready and remember to season water with PLENTY of salt -  I learned this from Giada De Laurentiis she says the water should taste like the sea so that it can flavor the pasta

Once sauce is done cooking take off the heat and stir in the heavy cream



Once the sauce is a beautiful orange color stir in cheese and freshly chopped basil


Add pasta and toss


Serve immediately


And don't forget your glass of vino!



 For better pictures that make this recipe look a 100 times better and the original recipe visit The Pioneer Woman's website.



Enjoy!


PS - Have any of you tried freezing crock-pot meals for easy an easy go to dinner?  Do you have any recipes that your family has loved?  I'm trying to gather a few of these meals so that I can freeze them and cook in the crock-pot when needed.  If you know of any good recipes please let me know or leave the link in the comments below.



Have a great Tuesday everyone!!







Never The Same Spice Twice
Ally Harding said...

This pasta looks delicious! Pioneer Woman never disappoints!!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Yum!! This looks so good! And I totally didn't know that the point of adding salt to your pasta water was for flavor! I've never done it because I was just so confused but I will be trying this next time I make pasta!!

Jaclyn Y said...

This is one of my favorite kinds of meals! It sound soo good right now with the chilly rainy weather we're having right now.

jennifer said...

Yum! I love pasta, but have never been brave enough to try making my own sauce.

Pink and Fabulous said...

Yum!! The Pioneer Woman can do no wrong and this recipe seems so fast and delicious! Thanks for sharing sweets!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

That looks delicious! And of course the wine is a MUST!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious!!! And your photos are fabulous!

.:Marta:.
petiteraisin.ca

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Looks so yummy! Love anything pasta and that sauce with the heavy cream sounds amazing!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Haha, thank you Marta!

Erica said...

I love Giada! Excellent tip, I always salt my pasta water, makes a huge difference doesn't it?!
Looks delish!