SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend + Wino Wednesday Linkup

Good morning!

This weekend flew by, it was a fun one!  On Friday I had my sister-in-law and brother-in-law over and made this chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.  Yes I said 40 cloves ;)  the cloves are whole so it gives the broth a nice garlicky taste, but not overpowering at all.  My only complaint was that the recipe called for the chicken with the skin on and I felt that it left the broth too oily, so next time I'm going to try it with skinless chicken.

Saturday we met up again with my sister and brother-in-law, this time at Wal-Mart to buy the kids a bike. They've been wanting to buy the kids bikes for a while now, and we finally met up.  My babies looked so cute on their new bikes with their helmets on.  Now we just need to practice riding them so that they get the hang of it.

Sunday we headed to my mom's for a barbecue.  There was so much good food!  Food always tastes extra yummy when it's grilled (or fried) and we had her famous carrot cake for dessert.  It was nice to eat, talk and of course have some wine.

Speaking of wine, I want to share with you all a little project I've been working on.  As you all know about once a month I do a Wino Wednesday post where I talk about a wine that I've tried, liked and then I write what the winemakers notes are on the wine and what I paired it with that day.  I am by no means a wine connoisseur, but I enjoy trying new wines and I think that some people are intimidated with wine because they're not sure which are good, or which to pick so this will help other's out.


I've been getting a lot of positive feedback from my posts and have even had a couple people ask to join in on the fun, so I thought why not create a linkup and open it up to all of my wino bloggers?!  I think it would be pretty awesome for all of us wine lovers to link up once a month and get recommendations from other wino's and see what wine they have enjoyed.  It will be like a virtual wine tasting!!

The linkup will go live every first Wednesday of the month, so this gives you all a little over a week to pick out a wine that you love and want to review.  It can be on any wine you like: red, white, rose, champagne, procecco - anything!  You can even share a yummy cocktail recipe that has wine in it.  Again, this is for fun and it doesn't matter how much you know about wine!

I would love for you all to join me next Wednesday, May 7th!


Have a great day!


post signature



Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

What a perfect weekend! The kids look so happy with their bikes :)

And that chicken sounds amazing. I love garlic!

Of course now that I'm starting a diet with no alcohol you have a fun linkup. Maybe I'll have to cheat...for the sake of blogging ;)

Thanks for linking up for MMG!

Sarah said...

Fun link up! I'll have to join when I'm not preggo anymore!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Adorable pics of the kids!

And count me in once a month to talk about wine :-D

Nat said...

Sounds like a great weekend. The kids on their bikes is so cute! The wine link up sounds fun, might need to join.

Kristen said...

sounds like a fab weekend - your kiddies are too cute! i would love to link up but unfortunately i had a bad experience with wine a couple of years ago and haven't been able to touch it often since ;) i'll read them though!

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

Great link-up idea!!

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

Love the link up idea, too!! Can't wait to join

JMO said...

yayaya so so pumped for the link-up!! Great button and cannot wait to join! Happy Monday!! xoxo

Heather Lockhart said...

Looking forward to Wino Wednesday!

-Heather
I do what I want.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Woohoo for Wino Wednesday! I have to get my stuff together so I can link up next week! And I've been looking for a good garlic clove chicken recipe so I'm going to give this one a try!

Angie said...

Yay for new bikes! The kiddos are going to LOVE them with the warmer weather coming.

Carrot Cake is one of my favorites :)

Jill @ Capri + Co. said...

You guys are adorable! I love the cute bike helmets. Loving your link up idea too. Oh yeah, and totally going to check out the chicken recipe! =)

Jill

http://youmeandcapri.com

Morgan Sparks said...

Love the new linkup!! Awesome idea!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

Okay so I am not a wino in that I know a ton but I've been to Napa a lot. Does that count? I'm in

Anonymous said...

A link-up about my favorite subject in the whole wide world? You mind reader, you! Fun weekend :)

Lisa Loves John said...

Your kiddos with those bikes are too cute!!! Love it! And that linkup sounds so fun!!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

I will be there for the link-up for sure...you know I don't know about my wines but I love them!

And how cute are your fam pics!! Love them!

Jillian said...

i bet that chicken tasted really good! i love garlic :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Ahh! Getting bikes for the kids. Such a fun mommy milestone! You are right fried or grilled makes food better. What a fun link up idea, yay for wine suggestions.

Your Beauty Fix said...

love her princess bike! reminds me of mine growing up <3

Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

The Modern Tulip said...

Your weekend sounds great! And I LOVE the idea of your Wino Wednesday being a link-up! I look forward to joining in sometime :)

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hooray for new bikes!! Your kiddos are too cute, Amanda!! (:

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

What a fun link up idea! I'll have to start drinking more wine so I can link up :)