SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 25, 2014

Five On Friday!!

Well, the week has come and gone and it's that time again to link up for Five On Friday.  Here are the things that have been on my mind or I'm itching to try...

one:  While doing our landscaping our rake broke, I was going to throw it away but my friend reminded me of a pin that has you turn a rake head into a wine glass holder - genius!  So I plan to do this very soon, I just don't know whether to leave the rusty parts or spray paint the rake.  Thoughts?


two:  There is something about a blue and while color scheme that gets me every time.  Look how beautiful this mood board is!



three:  How delicious do these zucchini fritters look?  I need to make these ASAP!


four:  I love this quote that was on Elise's blog yesterday, such a great thing to keep in mind



 five: Ugh, this picture makes me want to have another baby, it's so sweet!

Have a great weekend friends!


post signature

*also linking up with High Five for Friday , Friday FavoritesRebecca and Casey 
Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Happy Friday, Amanda!! I LOVE the wine glass holder!! That'll be such a fabulous way to repurpose your broken one!! :) That William Morris quote is one of my faves ...and something I need to focus on while "Spring cleaning"! ;) Wishing you a fantastic upcoming weekend!! xxoo

JMO said...

Ok well you know you had my heart at the blue and white scheme but I love the rake idea- I guess it depends on your kitchen theme whether or not to paint it! :) Happy weekend girl! xoxo

Jen said...

LOVE the wine holder! What a fabulous idea! I might need to go "clean out our garage" to see what I can come up with! :-) Hope you have a happy weekend, dear!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I love that quote about the house, it's completely true and I've tried to follow that rule. Good job with the rake! Looks fab! ;)

ap said...

Love it all as usual! Have a fun weekend!

birdie to be said...

Love that wine rack. So crafty! And those fritters look delish!

Kay R. said...

Your zucchini fritters look so yummy! I have to try that!

Kristen said...

that last picture is so adorable. the wine rack is a great idea - i vote definitely spray paint! and those fritters.. yum! thanks for sharing!

Taylor Jeavons said...

Keep it rusty!!! Soooo cool! Happy Friday!

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

I say leave it rusty! I've never seen that before, such a neat way to hold wine glasses!

Sarah said...

Love that wine glass holder idea, but honestly I'm too clumsy and would probably knock them off all the time!

Rachel said...

That rake idea is REALLY cool! I bet it will look great in your house...and I could definitely see it working either way, natural or spray painted.

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

Great re-use of the broken rake! Hope you'll post pics when you get it all finished and in place! And that quote...ugh...it reminds me I need to do some serious "Spring Cleaning!" Blaugh. Hope you have a fabulous weekend! XOXO!

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

What a great idea for the rake.. have a great Friday!!

Cait | Home Sweet Ruby said...

What a good idea with that rake, its so cute!! And now I need to make those fritters, I love zucchini! Have a great weekend!

Jillian said...

LOVE that blue mood board! totally up my ally! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Ugh that picture kicks me in the ovaries! So sweet. Love the idea with the rake -- hope you'll update once you've implemented!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

What awesome finds you have on here! That baby picture is adorable! Thanks for linking up!

alicia said...

I LOVE blue and white also :) those zucchini fritters do look good!

Kasey Lynne said...

I think you should probably paint the rake if your house doesn't have a rustic vibe to it...but I think it's a great idea! Whoever thought of that was genius.

And those zucchini fritters?? YUM!

Happily Ever Parker said...

I swear that blue is the only color I incorporate into my home. I need to get better with color! Love the rake idea, it would also look neat in a high gloss paint color!

Anonymous said...

Zucchini fritters are so good and so easy! A little sour cream mixed with lemon juice dolloped on top is perfection. Hope you make the rake rack - great idea!

Rachel said...

I've seen that rake idea a million times and have always wanted to try it!

Ally Harding said...

Love that rake idea! Blue and white is my fav too. Our living room is blue white and light green. I love how simple and clean it looks. Have a good weekend!

Angie said...

I can't wait to see your rake project. I think I'd leave the rusty parts. I like all things that look old and distressed!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

The rake idea is GENIUS. I love it. Keep it as it is! And then make those zucchini fritters asap and share the recipe...they look delish!

Unknown said...

I like the spray painted rake idea! And I love that quote...we're really trying to keep our "things" to a minimum over here!

Laura Darling said...

I love the wine glass holder! I'd probably spray paint it but I bet the rust would look cool!

Nat said...

Love the rake idea!! I think you should definitely spray paint it though, you wouldn't want rust flaking off onto your counter. Love that quote- I really need to do that more often.

Katie Elizabeth said...

The rake thing is genius!! I love that! I would say paint it because wouldn't the rust rub off on your glasses? And you make beautiful babies, you should definitely have another one :) Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Kristin said...

LOVE the rake idea! I think the finishing depends on your kitchen decor. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Alexa said...

Those zucchini fritters look amazing. My mom would make something like those when I was younger. So tasty!

Ashley Brickner said...

That last pic, baby fever!! Omg! And love that rake idea!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com