SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wino Wednesday | Bogle Essential Red - 2011

So excited to be doing another Wino Wednesday post!  I haven't really had a wine that has knocked my socks off recently, which is why I haven't done any  posts.  I figured today I'd share a wine that I think is delicious and try to usually have on hand at home it's the Bogle Essential Red - 2011.


The Essential Red is inexpensive and very easy to drink, it's a win-win to me.  It's a blend of  Old Vine Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah, which may be why I like it so much, since blends are my favorites.  The Essential Red has a certain sweetness to it which makes it great on it's own or with food. It also has one of my favorite notes in a wine - smokiness.  Here are the winemaker's notes:

RICH, enticing layers of complexity, starting with that first
irresistible sip. 

RIPE fruit, intense with flavors of boysenberries and sweet cherries.

LUSCIOUS vanilla, caressing the palate from barrel aging in American and French oak.

JUICY and silky throughout, with a finish that lingers of black licorice and spicy pipe tobacco.




I mean, does that not sound delicious or what?!  Now go pick up a bottle ;)  Have a great Wednesday!



post signature
Pink and Fabulous said...

This is always one of my go-to's! The taste is great (and so is the price!) I actually really like all of their wines compared to other brands in the same price range. Excellent choice of course ;)

KatiePerk said...

Cheers!! I have bought this one on occasion too!

Jillian said...

sounds tasty!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

JMO said...

I love Bogle! And can I just say I'm now in heaven now that I see you are doing a wine Wednesday? I so need to join in! Reds are my fav (cab sav mostly) but I'll try any!

Nina B. said...

Yum. I was just in Napa a few weeks ago. So great.

Alexa said...

They are such a good brand. Feel like you can never go wrong!

Kitty and June said...

You had me at the descriptions! YUm!

ap said...

I'm such a white wine drinker but this will be my second attempt to try red. Thanks for sharing...this is an awesome post :-)

Unknown said...

Yay for wino wednesday! I think I've had this before...the label looks really familiar. Maybe I had a little too much which is why I'm not exactly recalling this? haha

xxx

Laura Marie Keenan said...

We've had this wine around the house a lot lately! So drinkable and goes great with almost any meal! Glad you discovered it too!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Cheers!! That does sound like an incredibly delicious bottle of vino. Might just pick us up a bottle this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

I just need to catch up - love your Wino Wed - just haven't tried them all yet!!!

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Always love trying out new wines, especially ones that pair well with lots of different food! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Bogle wines are always a good go to. I love their chard and this is one of the few reds I like. Thanks for sharing!