SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Seeing The Positive In A Crummy Day

Yesterday was a horrible day - the kids fought the whole day, they didn't listen to anything I was saying, the house was a mess - I'm so behind on everything since the kids have been sick, I was short tempered, then to top it off a table I JUST bought for J's room was ruined by the humidifier.  Dumb me didn't think to put a towel under the humidifier, some water must have leaked (that I didn't see) and sat on the wood table which caused it to swell on two spots.  How aggravating especially when it's NEW!

Even with the crappy day there were still a few things that made me smile:  One started when I first woke up with J.  It was super early when we came downstairs, and he asked for chocolate milk and once I gave it to him I went back in the kitchen to make my coffee, as I was fumbling out of the kitchen I saw this:


Isn't that the cutest thing?!  The hat was on the couch and he decided to drink in style with a hat he found. (Yes that's a ugly cover on our windowsill so someone doesn't smash his head in the marble since he's a little monkey!)


Then the other was while doing E's preschool with her (I'm trying it out at home to see how I feel about potentially homeschooling).  We were learning about what colors made green, sure enough she already knew what two colors made green - which shocked me.  That girl is so smart!  So, she mixed the yellow and blue, and I thought the smile on her face as the color turned green was so cute.  It's so sweet seeing the simplest things through kids' eyes.



In the evening my mom came over to babysit because she heard how stressed I was and hubby and I went out for dinner, which was nice to escape the chaos since we both had been stressed out.  We went to a local pub had some beer and dinner.  We sat outside and then after dinner walked around the shops - it was such a beautiful evening with a gorgeous sunset:



I'm happy that yesterday is over and today is a new day. Seeing that sunset is a reminder that although it was a bad day, it was another DAY - a day I was able to spend with my kids and husband... it maybe wasn't the perfect day, but it was another day I got to enjoy.

post signature



Linking up with Ashley

Megan at Megan Can said...

Your babies! So precious! Sorry you're day was super bummy, hope today is better!

Ally Harding said...

That sunset was gorgeous! It's got to be so hard being a SAHM. You don't get a break! So glad to hear you and your hubby were able to enjoy a night to yourselves!

Sarah said...

You are so lucky to have family that close that can just 'come up' to sit! And the hat just cracks me up. Way to find the silver lining during stressful times! :)

KatiePerk said...

Such beautiful kiddos! I hope today is a grand day. xx

birdie to be said...

These pictures are too cute and hopefully brighten up your day!

Rachel said...

Bad days are always so hard but I am glad you could find some sunshine in it all!

Katie Elizabeth said...

As I've gotten older, I've learned that bad days have a lot to do with my attitude towards them and I love yours! You were still able to find the positives in a not so great day :) Such a beautiful sunset!

Alexa said...

I totally had a very similar day the other day. It's so important to have those little positive reminders throughout. Otherwise it is tough to get through. Especially with irritated/annoyed kids.

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

That first picture is one of the cutest things I've seen all day :) Glad you were able to make some nice moments in an otherwise stressful time. I know it isn't easy!

Nat said...

Gorgeous sunset! Love the chocolate milk in the hat. I hope today is going better- sometimes the tough days are so tough!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Those days are hard, but the littlest things make them so much brighter. And wine :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Sorry you had a rough day! Glad your mom came over so you could run away to breathe for a few. That is always welcome. That hat picture is so cute! And, what a little smarty - it always amazes me what Aria understands.

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Adorable photos!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Love, love, love this post. It is sooooo hard as a stay at home mom sometimes to remember that we are ao blessed. Most times it is easy, but a lot of times it is really hard. Definitely keep us posted on the homeschool thing. I would love to talk my husband into letting me homeschool our kiddos! -xo

Plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

it's always good to try to focus on the positives! the hat + chocolate milk bottle is SOoo cute. hang in there! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

You've got some cute kids, girl.

Ashley Brickner said...

So glad you found some positives in a stressful day!! We've all been there, mama!!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

JMO said...

Sorry your day was stressful but hopefully your dinner date and some sleep makes for a better day TODAY! Your fam is precious! Love these pics!

jennifer said...

That sunset is gorgeous! And yay for kid free dates every now and then!

jennifer said...

That sunset is gorgeous! And yay for kid free dates every now and then!

Linh said...

So glad you found some happy moments during a less than pleasant day. We have all been there and sometimes mama needs a time out herself to regroup and calm down. :) Glad your mom was able to babysit for you! I swear, having family closer by has been priceless for us!
Linh
http://abeautifulrawr.com

Kendwy Valdez said...

Truly there are days when I want to yank my hair out! This mint has felt like that. Never ending sickness from the kids, house a mess, short tempers. But then I also have those little moments where I am so appreciative for them and he joy my family brings me. Thank God for the little reminders. Your kids look so cute! That hat is so stylish for sure!

Hooray for date nights :) I wish I had or every night ok now I'm pushing it!

Lisa Loves John said...

I love that your day ended with a sunset :) if nothing else, it reminds me of God's faithfulness of a NEW day in the morning!