SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 28, 2014

Five on Friday!

Hello Friday!  I'm linking up with the fun Five on Friday girls to share a few of my favorite things from this week.  Ready, go!

one: I want these Tory Burch espadrilles - bad!  They're so pretty and would be perfect for Spring and Summer... actually, who am I kidding, I'm in FL so they'd be good year round.  They're so dainty and would go great with almost anything. I just need to find the cheaper version of them, I'm too cheap to spend $150 on shoes.


two:  I made this Strawberry Bread this week after seeing it on Katie's blog.  Oh my goodness, it was SO good.  It's the perfect snack and delicious with my coffee in the morning and an added plus: the kiddos loved it!
{via} I made mine without the glaze - still amazing!

three:  This e-Card is hilarious... and probably a little true!


four:  I'm thinking of attempting my first DIY project and making a wreath for our front door.  Have any of you made one?  Do you have any tips for a beginner DIY'er?  It seems simple enough, I'm just scared to mess it up, I always love homes that have wreaths on their doors, it's such a nice accent to the outside of the home!


five:  I'm pretty much in love with this bedroom!  The colors are so soft and serene yet happy, not to mention I think I have a special place in my heart for this patterned rug, a similar one was also in last week's post.


I'm glad it's the weekend we have a couple of fun things planned one being a princess/super hero party which should be a blast for the kids.  I hope you all have a great one too!


post signature


*also linking up with High Five for Friday and Friday Favorites
ap said...

Um I want to be in Florida...especially after this psychotic NC winter! Those shoes are to die for...I'm all about shoes today. But like you there's no way I'm spending that much. I love crafting wreaths you should so make that one! Happy weekending!

JMO said...

(do it do do it) <--chant for the DIY wreath! (you can drink more wine to add more corks on it hahaha jk) Happy weekend! Also, thanks for sharing the strawberry bread! Um..yum!

Dixie on my Mind said...

Definitely go for the wreath! I think it is pretty much impossible to mess them up - you really can't go wrong :)

Also loving that gorgeous bedroom!

Ally Harding said...

I made strawberry bread this week too but went off a slightly different recipe than Katie's and don't think I had enough strawberries in it. It was still really good though. I love that bedroom too! You need those TB shoes! Mother's Day gift?!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

Love that room a lot! ALso maybe the lace tom's are a more affordable option?

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Happy Friday, Amanda! LOVE those shoes too! I'm with you - Tory Burch shoes are fabulous, but I can't justify spending $150 on a pair. Hope you find a fab {budget friendly} likeness! ;) That strawberry bread looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing the link! Have a fabulous weekend,girl!! xo

Taylor Jeavons said...

that bread looks amazing! Pinning right now :)

Happy weekend!

A Thousand Words said...

OMG that bread, yummmm!

Kristen said...

that is a beautiful bedroom! have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

omg the bedroom and that bread?! YUM! stopping by from the Five on Friday link up! Your blog is super cute :) Hope you check mine out as well!

Unknown said...

omg the bedroom and that bread?! YUM! stopping by from the Five on Friday link up! Your blog is super cute :) Hope you check mine out as well!

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

Hope you're having a great week! I LOVE the Tory's... perfect for summer! And the bedroom is beautiful as well :)

Lisa Loves John said...

LOVE that bedroom!! And that ecard is hysterical!!

Happy weekending, girlie!! Xo

KatiePerk said...

Glad you liked the bread! Me too! Those shoes are cute. I want that entire bedroom to be transferred to my house. Ha!

Pamela @ alittleglitter.com said...

Hey Amanda! That bread looks delicious! I also love those espadrilles! I think you can totally pull off making that wreath. I actually attempted to make a wreath out of Christmas balls in December and bungled it majorly. I had to abort the entire mission but it was still funny and my daughter and I got a good laugh out of it. Try it. Maybe it will work and if not chuck it and try something else. Have a wonderful weekend! Pamela @alittleglitter.com

Unknown said...

Best Five I've read so far! That cartoon clip...dying! So funny! That bread...um, yum! and that wreath...do it! Here is the one I made, very similar, and so easy!
http://www.edconfetti.blogspot.com/2014/02/diy-door-wreath.html

Katie Elizabeth said...

That strawberry bread looks SO good! Love the Tory Burch shoes.. I've seen some similar lace Tom's that are only $50! Happy Friday :)

Jillian said...

i love the pink accents in the bedroom! very cute :) and not toooo-girly! have a great weekend! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

LOVEE coral and grey bedrooms!

PS here are the cheaper version of those shoes!
http://www.toms.com/womens/features/crochets/natural-crochet-women-s-classics/s

Anonymous said...

Your strawberry bread turned out so pretty and that bedroom looks pretty much perfect. Great blog! :)

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

I want those espadrilles SO BAD! They're perfect. Except the stupid high price. Maybe I'll look for some dupes. I saw that bread recipe too and I can't wait to try it. Good luck with your wreath!

Renee @ Sassy Wife Classy Life said...

Happy Friday! I made a Christmas wreath two years ago and I'm about to revamp an old one I had into a Spring wreath. Trust me, it's easy! :) There are plenty of fun tutorials on Pinterest.

Unknown said...

I love those shoes! I think I am going to have to attempt the strawberry bread with gluten free flour it looks amazing.

Rachel said...

Those Tory Burch shoes are adorable but I bet Toms sells cheaper ones!

Pink and Fabulous said...

You can definitely find similar shoes for less $. Have you check Soludos? I have to try that strawberry bread asap!!

Unknown said...

How cute are those shoes!? And seriously that strawberry cake looks amazing - I'm going to have to try it!
Happy Friday!
xo

Unknown said...

Love those shoes! I have crochet Tom's that I wear year-round but I would love to update to these! Yes, Florida rocks!!

The Modern Tulip said...

That's exactly why I drink wine! Yet I've still not made a craft with all my corks...oops! That strawberry bread looks delicious!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I love that wreath, you should definitely try it! I think you can do it! Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard. Love that bedroom! Have a great weekend, sounds like fun!

Anne said...

I think I need to try that bread! It looks delicious. Go for the wreath....I'm not that crafty but I can make wreaths. Once you have everything placed as you like it hot glue away!!
Anne
www.lovethehereandnow.com

Alexa said...

Love those shoes. They look so cute. And comfy!

LeeLee said...

I really like the wreath. Hope you have a lovely week!

Sara McCarty said...

I am in love with that bedroom! I want want want. Also, that strawberry bread looks amazing. I might have to try that this weekend. I have a feeling even the toddler would like that.