SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 2, 2014

January To Do List

There are two things I'm excited about doing and accomplishing this month.  One would be our family pictures.  We were supposed to do them in November but the kiddos got sick, so I had to reschedule. Then we were supposed to do them last week, and the weather sucked!  So January 19th is the date, hopefully the kids wont be sick, and there wont be torrential downpours.  The kids have grown up so much since the last family pictures we took in Nov. 2012

Look at them - they were babies!

Because the kids have grown so much, they've grown out of so many things!  I'm doing a garage sale at the end of the month to purge the house of the things we don't use.  I typically do a garage sale once a year and I get so giddy to have one haha, my family thinks I'm crazy with how excited I get.  But I find it to be so much fun - we get coffee and donuts, a lot of the family comes and sells their things and we just talk, hang out and make some cash not to mention declutter our homes.  Sounds like a win-win to me!

This year I think I'm going to try something different.  I'm going to bring the kid's clothes and some big items that we don't use (bumpo chairs, highchair, changing pad, ect) to a consignment shop just to avoid the confusion with pairing outfits and carrying the bigger items to the garage sale.  I like that I don't have to worry about pairing things.  The shop pairs it and sells it and you pick up your check at the end of the month, easy peasy! Who knows, if I like it I may just do it more often.  Has anyone ever brought items to a consignment shop?  Do you prefer that to selling at a garage sale? 

Have a great day everyone!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I've been debating doing the consignment ship thing too. I typically just donate everything to Goodwill, but I can't lie..the stuff is expensive and I'd like to get something out of it when I can!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I wish we could do a January yard sale! That's such a great idea! I can't wait to see your family pics, you all are so stinking cute! Hope you're having a great 2014 so far friend! Glad we got to be bloggy friends in 2013!