SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Easy Shrimp Fried Rice

Last week we were kind of in a slump for dinner, nothing really sounded good to us, nor had we taken anything out for dinner... has that ever happened to you before?  I hate it when that happens.  Well, I opened my fridge to see what we had so that I could come up with something and realized that we had stuff to make Shrimp Fried Rice. Anyone that knows me knows I love me some Chinese food, I can eat it pretty much any time/any day.

I whipped it up pretty quickly and I must say turned out pretty yummy!  It was one of those great, quick one pot meals; which really comes in handy for the days that you're running late, or didn't plan anything in particular for dinner.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked rice 
  • 3 tbs sesame oil
  • 1/2  cup frozen peas and carrots
  • 1/2 cup edamame (out of pods)
  • 3 scallions
  • 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 lb shrimp
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes for a kick

Directions:
  • Heat a large pan with 2 tbsp of sesame oil and sautee shrimp just until pink
  • Take shrimp out and let rest on a plate
  • Heat remaining sesame oil and add cooked rice
    •  add soy sauce
  • Push all rice to one side of the pan and pour beaten eggs in, scramble eggs and mix in with rice
    • add carrots, peas and edamame
  • Sautee all together 
    •  add shrimp and mix rice together
  • Add scallions mix in and turn off eat
  • Serve immediately

Enjoy!

post signature
Pink and Fabulous said...

Yum! This is one of my favorite things to order from Chinese take-out! I love a good at-home version! So much healthier, too!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I love shrimp and I love chinese so I will definitely be making this!! Yum!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

YUM!!! I'm so excited to try because shrimp is my favorite! Thank you for sharing!

jennifer said...

I just pinned a recipe for fried rice, but yours looks much better. I love shrimp! Giving this a try for sure! :)

Unknown said...

That looks scrumptious!!!


http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looks so good!! :) I love fried rice!