SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wino Wednesday: Stella Maris 2008 Red Wine

I apologize, I have held out on this wine for so long and haven't told you about this gem!  This is my favorite wine of ALL TIME!  My sister-in-law and I love this wine so much we order it by the case and share it, because it isn't sold here in Florida.  We first tried this wine in Oregon a few years ago, and since then have been hooked!


Stella Maris is a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvingnon, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Frac and Syrah.  This wine has a nice deep red tone and has a smoky yet sweet taste - I'm a sucker for smoky wines.  It leaves a great aftertaste in your mouth too.  We usually pair this wine with cheese and crackers, Italian food, or just by itself ;)

Here are the wine maker's notes: “Stella, as we affectionately refer to this Reserve red blend, is always a fun wine to create and the 2008 vintage is no exception. Layers of smoke, vanilla, spice, raspberry, and cherry flavors on a soft and silky palate make this a very approachable, versatile wine that can be enjoyed with everything from pizza to prime rib.”


If you ever see this wine, and you love red wines - this is a must try.  I believe we paid around $23 for it in Oregon.  I usually don't like to spend more than $15 for a bottle of wine, but for this one I make an exception!  If you can't find it in any stores you can  buy it here.

Have a great Wednesday!


Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

Yum, that sounds amazing! I'll have to check if they sell it in Chicago :)

Angi Solle said...

I am OBSESSED with wine. I have literally never tasted a wine I didn't like. It is like juice for adults and I'm hooked. Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely have to track it down.

Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

Pink and Fabulous said...

I think blends are my favorite. Cheers to wine!!