SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wino Wednesday: Mirassou Chardonnay

I picked up this wine at our grocery store (Publix) because it was on sale and because I'm trying to get into some whites.

The Mirassou Chardonnay was pretty good - it was light, refreshing and had a nice slightly sweet fruit taste


Here are the wine maker's notes: "Our Mirassou Chardonnay exhibits intense aromas and flavors of stone fruits such as peaches and nectarines, as well as tropical fruits like pineapple. Secondary flavors of melon, pears, citrus, floral, and vanilla notes combine with a creamy mouth feel which culminate in a pleasantly concentrated finish." 


I drank this alongside my dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans and it paired nicely, but I think it would pair great with a brie cheese and a fruit jam, mild cheeses, macaroni and cheese, or salads.


If you'd like to try this wine you can buy it here, it's definitely one that I'd buy again.

Do any of you white wine lovers have any suggestions on wines that you love and think I should try?  I'd love to hear!

Have a great Wednesday!
Pink and Fabulous said...

I always think a good Chardonnay is hard to find so thank you for the rec lovely!

Breanna said...

This is actually one of my favorite cheap wines! I also really like Bogle's Chardonnay.