SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Everyday Make-up Routine

I know today is supposed to be "Wino Wednesday" but I haven't really tried any wines this week that have blown me away.  I thought I'd talk about my makeup routine.  As a mom of a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old  it's nothing elaborate especially if I'm just putting it on to run errands or leave the house (some days I even go makeup free - gasp!).  What I put on probably takes me about 2-3 minutes which is perfect since most of the time Jonah is getting into some type of trouble while I'm getting dressed.

After I wash my face I usually moisturize then apply some concealer to the circles under my eyes - gotta love sleep deprivation!  I've been using Maybelline Age Rewind concealer. I must say, it works pretty well.  Before this I had been using (and still do sometimes) MAC Studio Fix concealer and while I liked it I felt like it was too cakey for day-to-day use.  The Maybelline concealer is pretty thin, has great coverage and blends in great.


After the concealer I use MAC Studio Fix powder.  I love this powder - always have and always will.  It saves the step of wearing foundation and covers up great.



For blush I use MAC - Margin it's the perfect pink, not too bright.  It gives a nice natural look.



After the blush I usually apply my favorite eyeliner it's called Rockstar from Urban Decay.  It's a deep purple color which I love.  I think black is too dark and dramatic for the day and this is the perfect color option for me.


I finish the "look" with some mascara.  I buy the Maybelline Colossal Volume, it really works well.  The last time I bought it I actually got the brown color by accident, I tried it and surprisingly I really like it!   



That's it folks this is my usual day-to-day routine unless I'm going out to somewhere special of course, then I spruce it up a lot more.


What is your morning routine?  What products have you found to be effective and help you cut additional steps?











jennifer said...

I'm going to pick up some of that concealer. I have always had terrible under eye circles, and motherhood hasn't helped AT ALL :p I've yet to find a product that has made much of a difference, so maybe this is it??? Fingers crossed!

Cramer Coffee and Jesus said...

ohhh I'm glad you did this post today - I am looking for new make-up!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Try it! I have bad circles too (always have) and it helps. The Studio Fix powder also has great coverage! Let me know if it works for you! :)

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

:) Happy to help!!

Freckles Chick said...

OK, I am printing out this post, taking it to Nordstrom, & saying "This. All of this." Thanks so much for the make-up recs! I'm stuck in a rut & have been using the same Aveda powder forever. Hate the feel of foundation, so I'm loving your MAC rec!

Also, winos unite!

Also also, thank you so so so much for your kind comments on my blog & your sweet words on my I Heart Organizing feature.

I think I love you.

xoxo

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I also use that under eye concealer. It's the best one I've ever used!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

I agree! I love it! Thanks for stopping by :)

Unknown said...

Great post. I know a lot of blog readers who love to read about others' every-day look. I need to try some new concealer, so I might give yours a go. One thing I just can't do is go without liquid, it's tough for me! But for my lazy days at work I just use my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and that's it. It has really good coverage!

-Christina
www.christinascaboodle.blogspot.com

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Good to know thanks!! I actually want to try that BB Cream that everyone has been talking about. I hear it works pretty well too!

natasha {schue love} said...

We have a very similar routine! I love the age rewind...use it every day! :)

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

It really does work wonders :) thanks for stopping by Natasha!

Sarah Tucker said...

I need an new under-eye concealer, so this post is perfect! I also love that mascara! IT is my favorite! Thanks so much for linking up with me last week for WIWW!