SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Toy Organization

Lately I (we) feel like toys are everywhere!  We don't have a designated playroom, although I wish we did so the toys are in our family room.  What I do enjoy about this is that the kids are in our sight.  The downside?  When company comes over they also hang out in the family room which means the adults, kids, toys, noise and MESS are all in the same spot. My husband thought of relocating the toys to the living room. At first it was a big fat no to me because our living room is located right at the entrance of our house, and I didn't want it to look like a kid zone and a toy mess! After thinking about it, I thought that if we put the toys in two Expedit shelves from Ikea behind a wall that isn't noticeable when you walk in - it would be ok because at first glance the room would still look "grown up", it wouldn't be until they walked into the living room that they'd see the Expedit shelving.

Here is how the toy situation is now for us








(sorry for the glare)


Here's the view when you first walk in

We're thinking of getting rid of that chair you see on the bottom right (it's huge and serves no purpose) and putting the shelving there - here's a better view of that

(More glare and an empty frame that needs pics ASAP!)


I'd love for the toys to be in one place and organized not just a bucket with toys thrown in them.  This is some inspiration for our space, I still don't want it looking "kiddish" so I think these rooms are a happy medium:





What do you guys think?  Do you have any shared kid/adult spaces?  How do you organize toys?  Suggestions NEEDED!



jennifer said...

No suggestions but I LOVE your white tv stand! So cute! And I'm jealous that you can actually use it to show off pictures, etc. Mya is still in the "rip everything off/out of everywhere" phase. :(

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Awe thanks!! It's from Ikea. I know that phase all too well, Jonah just stopped touching all of the pics not too long ago. Now he's into climbing EVERYTHING. He's driving me nuts lol boys are crazy!

Unknown said...

love the way it looks all organized. I need to figure out something for our Big items... they're taking over my house!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Ugh I know! It's crazy how many toys they accumulate!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

The toys do take over! When we moved, I made sure that we had a designated playroom for all the toys and lots of days it stays a mess, but it's upstairs and I don't have to look at it :) Love the cubbies!

Megan said...

LOVE your toy area, the kitchen space is too cute :)

Megan
http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-if-blogging-were-sorority.html

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

I would LOVE that! We do have an extra bedroom upstairs, but my son is too small to have play up there by himself. Maybe when the kids get older.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Thanks! The kids love playing with the kitchen so much!