SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Two Delicious One Pot Meals

I cannot believe that it is March already, where does the time go?!!



After a long busy day, fewer things are nicer than an easy recipe for dinner.  I've been trying to add a few new recipes to my rotation, and I was pleased with how good these two came out.  The best part of these recipes are that they are ONE pot meals - from start to beginning, you only dirty one dish!

I came across Garlic Chicken Pasta in an effort to find a pasta dish with chicken that did not have a red sauce, because for some reason my son hates red sauce.  What kid doesn't like spaghetti sauce?!!  This pasta was easy, full of flavor and tasted even better as leftovers.  Another bonus - it freezes well too!  Both kids gobbled this up, and loved it.









The second recipe I tried was the Italian Wonderpot.  I've been hearing about these one pot pasta dishes and was a little skeptical.  In the wonder pot recipes, you add all of your ingredients, bring everything to a boil and then reduce to simmer until the pasta is cooked.  My sister-in-law made this first and told me how good it came out, so I decided to make it as a side dish and she was right!  I loved this, although the kids weren't as much of a fan - the spinach and onions were a turn off for them I think.


For any of you one pot meal lovers out there here is a link to 10 easy one pot meals.  I'm going to be trying some of these soon, they will come in handy on days that my husband is on shift and I'm alone with both kids.

Have any of you tried any one pot meals you love?  Be sure to share any recipes!


Have a great Tuesday!

PS - Tomorrow is Wino Wednesday, come link up with Lindsay and I
BLovedBoston said...

Anything that has less dishes for me to do has me sold! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Adding these both to my list to try! They sound delicious and we are in need of some new meals around here.

Unknown said...

I tired a one pot spaghetti one time and it was a bust. I'll have to give these a go.

Evelina said...

That pasta looks amaaaaazing! And anything to cut down on dirty dishes is a win in my book!!

P!nky said...

Ummmm, now I'm craving pasta, haha. YUMMY!

Caroline The Petite Fashionista said...

These both sounds really good and easy!! Thank you for sharing. :-)

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Love anything that's one pot! And this seriously looks amazing. Garlic chicken pasta is always top on my list!<3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Hall Around Texas said...

Yes to one pot meals!!! I love to cook, but hate the cleanup and the dishes! These sound delicious!

Carly said...

That wonderpot is something I would have never tried but it looks SO good!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

I have always been kind of skeptical too of one pot meals, but now that you tried it, I may need to. Pinning that link (plus I love damn delicious!)

Missy said...

One pot meals are the best! These look great. I don't have a dishwasher so the less dishes the better!

Katie Elizabeth said...

The Italian Wonderpot is one of our favorite meals!! So good and so easy!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I need more one pot meals in my life! Neither of my kids will eat red sauce either, so I feel you!

Lacey Bean said...

Pinning both of these! I looooove one pot meals!

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i love one pot meals. they don't always work with GF pasta though, so i don't make a ton of one pot pasta meals (and 99% of them are pasta, lol). that garlic chicken one looks SO good.

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I hate washing dishes so I am in!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

These both look amazing, especially that garlic chicken - YUM! I'm all about easy one pot meals after a long day at work <3
Green Fashionista

Christina Lea Loves said...

We definitely need to try the garlic chicken pasta - sounds like perfection! I love that it freezes easily too!

Andrea Nine said...

Oh boy do these sound delish and I think something my whole family would love!!! Thanks for the recipes!!!