SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mollybrooker The Boxer 2014 Shiraz | Wino Wednesday Linkup

Happy Wino Wednesday!

Lindsay and I always look forward to our linkup so we can read all of the delicious wines that you all recommend!

This month I'm featuring a wine by Mollydooker called The Boxer; it's a 2014 Shiraz and it is amazing!  My aunt had me try it a couple of months ago and I was blown away by the taste.  The wine was creamy but also had some flavors of coffee and was smoky.


The winemaker's notes are: "This year’s Boxer certainly lives up to it’s name with its double punch of fruit! Initially, your taste buds will experience cherry, red berries and plum flavours that develop beautifully into that of spice, licorice, chocolate and cream. The soft tannins and underlining structure contribute amazing depth and lusciousness. The Boxer is undoubtedly a WOW wine that will surely lead you to fill your glass first, as it won’t last long once the bottle is open"


One of the cool things about Mollydooker wines is that they are sulfate free.  They use nitrogen to protect the wine, and the nitrogen sinks to the bottom of the bottles, in order to redistribute them,  the bottle needs to be shaken.  The bottles have a screw top so they can easily be shaken.  You have to pour a little wine out first, then shake.  All Mollydooker wines need to be shaken except thier sparkling wine and any wine that's over two years old.


If you see this wine, you need to pick it up - it sure is an experience, and it is delicious!


Michelle said...

Never heard of it. My daughter could try this one without sulfites, they don't agree with her. Lately, I've been having such a hard time opening corks with my RA that screw tops have been more tempting. Thanks for the party. I'll be looking for this one for sure.

BLovedBoston said...

The bottle on this is so cute!! Sounds like a really great one to try! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I love the label!

P!nky said...

I just like the bottle label, so fun!!!!

Caroline The Petite Fashionista said...

Sounds good! I'll be over for a glass later haha. Otherwise I will look for it the next time we're wine shopping. Thank you for sharing! :-)

Jenn said...

The label of the bottle would have been enough to intrigue me to try this one out!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Such a label sucker right here so I love this! Sulfate free wines are so much better for you, but I had no idea they needed to be shaken! I hear they don't give crazy hangovers ;)

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i am trying to drink more red wine (or any at all) because it's so 'good' for you.. but the coffee taste worries me with this one haha but i might grab it for my coffee loving husband.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

This sounds delish, and how cute is that label?! <3
Green Fashionista

Missy said...

I have never seen this, I will have to check it out!