SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Life Lately

Happy Wednesday!

Life has been so busy lately, I feel so behind in the blog world and promise to read your posts and respond to your comments asap!

It's been quite a while since I've done a life lately post - we haven't been up to anything earth-shattering, but I still love doing these posts every once in a while.  They're fun to look back on!


Little by little we've been trying to finish the kids rooms.  For E's room I'm going eclectic - I'm not doing any one "theme" but putting items that I think look cute together and making them work.  She loves her room, and has helped me pick out everything on her walls which has been fun!


We went to a picnic recently and there is a huge man-made hill (we live in Florida - we are hill-less here).  We trekked to the top and the kids and their friend sat and looked at the view.  The lighting was GORGEOUS so I had to snap a picture of these three amigos.  We had such a fun day spending it outdoors with gorgeous weather!


 The sunsets lately have been killer!  Am I the only person that sees the walls in their house turn pink and immediately runs outside, camera in hand to take a picture of the sunset?  They are one of my favorite things, they always amaze me!


 If you see this wine at your local store, pick it up!  It is beyond delicious.  Publix had it on sale the other day and we bought like 5 bottles #dontjudge.  Its such a smooth cab, and the flavors are perfect!


This little guy will be 4 in a few days and I can't even handle it.  He's getting so big and it makes me sad to think that soon he'll be in school.  We just finished cleaning up the playroom in this picture - which is why you can see the floor ;)


National Wine Day was last week, and I celebrated it the best way I knew how and partook.  Any holiday that encourages having a glass of wine is my kind of day!



I got my Steve Madden heels in the mail the other day from Nordstrom and I am in LOVE with them!  They are comfortable for being so high too.  If you get these buy them a half size bigger, they run small (thanks Lindsay!)

I also got my first subscription of RocksBox in the mail and to say I'm obsessed is an understatement.  I loved all of the pieces in my box, for it being my first order they got me spot on.  If you want to try out RocksBox enter code kidsandcabxoxo at checkout for one month free.  You can cancel at any time so there's no reason not to try it for at least a month.  I have no doubt you'll love it as much as I do.  I also love that you can keep the jewelry for as long as you'd like before sending it in for your new box!


I finally filled the wall in my formal living room that I've been trying to fill for almost 5 years!  I decided on a over-sized clock thanks to Katie who gave me the idea, and I love it!  I got it at Kirklands - you cannot beat the price for how huge it is!

I hope you all have a great day!  I'm off to catch up on my blog reading xo
P!nky said...

E's room is so adorable, love the style and fun pieces. Those Steve Madden heels are amazing, I see why you love them. We've had some great sunsets around this area too, so peaceful!

BLovedBoston said...

I have been all about sunsets too - they are too pretty not to photograph! Love your new shoes! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Jenn said...

Love the pic of the kids on the hill--so sweet! Love your new shoes, and glad to hear you're loving your Rocksbox!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

I love sunsets and feel the same way you do. We have a great view from our backyard and I love going out there and watching it. That snap of the kiddos on the hill is so cute!

Emily said...

Your daughter's room looks SO fun!! I love she's helped picked all of that out.

Marie said...

Your daughter's room is so pretty! Love the colors. Those heels are gorgeous! Perfect for spring.

Missy said...

Love those shoes! I always see the Lesse Fitch Pinot and never have seen the Cab, I will look for it!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Those heels! Swoon! And I got that necklace in one of my Rocksbox sets and now I wish I would have kept it, so cute!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I love that there is a man made hill! That's so awesome! I'm glad you got the shoes, I LOVE the pattern on them!! Four is no joke! These two should hang together and be crazy four year old boys :)

Carly said...

Ohh I love the necklace you got in your rocksbox! Those floral pumps are so pretty too, and those sunsets look gorgeous!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

That wine looks delish! And how pretty is the view from that hill, perfect spot for a picnic <3
Green Fashionista

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Those shoes are gorgeous and I love to Rocksbox ring! I just posted my latest Rocksbox yesterday. Your daughter's room is looking so pretty!

Caroline The Petite Fashionista said...

Love those shoes!!!! You also did a beautiful job with your home decorating. My parents get some amazing sunsets sometimes from their building and it's so beautiful. That wine sounds good too, and seriously we've bought multiple bottles.. When it's on sale how could you not?! :-)

JMO said...

Those shoes, that room, YOU - all of it is perfect!! Thanks for linking up today! xo

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Those shoes are just so pretty! Great choice.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

oh my word. those shoes. oh wow. they are gorgeous!!
E's room is adorable. you should come decorate / style my house :)

Emily F said...

I am screen shotting that wine label right now so I can look for it! Tonight I'm sipping on a Trader Joe's find. You never know how those will turn out!
My son is four years old, too! It can be challenging, but I love how my son is developing insights and really seeing the world around him! Fun times!!