SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend + Makeup

Good Morning!!

I hope you all had a great weekend, our was off to a good start - on Friday I spent most of the day with my BFF at her house.  The kids all got along and we were able to chat and catch up a bit.  We also had a little "day drink".  Hubby was on shift that day and so you all know what went down that night: wine, blogging and some TV - my kind of night!



Saturday was a beautiful breezy day and we had plans to go to a picnic at the park.  The kids had so much fun playing at the park, corn hole and flying a kite.


Sunday morning E woke up with a cold so yesterday was filled with tissues, and lots of snuggles which I'm not complaining about.  I'm just hoping J doesn't get it next, which I know is almost virtually impossible, but in the mean time I'll give him extra vitamins and pray he doesn't get it.

On to the makeup...
Lately I've been noticing a new makeup trend that and I'm loving so much for summer - gold eyeliner.  It looks so pretty, shimmery and subtle.


Doesn't it give your face a sun-kissed look?  I just need to figure out how to recreate it, I've put on gold eyeliner, but it's not popping as much as I'd like so I'm going to check a tutorial out and see what I can come up with.

Have any of you tried this look? 



post signature


  funday-monday-button-300x288
Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

SO fun!!! Love your outfit. And loving that summery gold eyeliner look too. Happy Monday! xx

Megan at Megan Can said...

I wish I was brave enough to try the gold eye liner! Definitely love the look.

Pink and Fabulous said...

LOVE gold eyeliner and think it would look so good on you! I hope everyone is feeling better and that you had a great Mother's Day! xoxo

Kristen said...

oh no, hope E gets better and J doesn't get sick :( boo.
um gold eyeliner?! doesnt it look fab! it would look so good on you, too. i might try it, i have brown eyes like jlo haha.
aaand now i want some more wine. haha

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Loving your look! And what a fun day with the kiddos - corn hole always makes me laugh - we call it bean bags up this way. =)

And day drinking...definitely makes it a better day!

Unknown said...

Totally coveting your bracelets!!!! Love them, so pretty and simple yet classy :0) I like the gold. I think it would look great on you! I don't think i could pull it off. BTW if anyone has suggestions on makeup for sensitive skin please share them. I was using philosophy skin care and Too Faced BB Cream. Recently switched to Origins Skin Care and NO MAKEUP (HELP!!!) I get really itchy and break out into hives.

birdie to be said...

Great pics... looks like a fun weekend!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Looks like the perfect weekend - besides the sickness! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Love the gold eyeliner.. I got a silver one in my Birchbox that I've been too intimidated to try!

Unknown said...

such a fun weekend :)
and i LOVE that gold eyeliner! totally trying it this summer. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Alisha said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, despite the little one not feeling well! :(

Jaclyn Y said...

I love that gold eyeliner! Happy monday!

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

I like to play around with different colored eyeliners too, they can really change up your look!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

love gold eyeliner! I frequently use bronze on my lower waterline when going out at night :) (Well, frequently is a bit of an exaggeration, considering it's rare that I go out these days, ha)

Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Ashley said...

Do share what you figure out with the gold makeup! I love the look but I am not very skilled when it comes to applying makeup :) Looks like you had a good weekend!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

she might be using a shadow she (her people) wet down...or better yet, a liquid that turns any shadow into eyeliner ;)

Anonymous said...

Perfect weekend (my kind of a Friday night as well ha). The gold would look so pretty with your skin tone. I feel like I couldn't pull it off, but then again, a personal makeup artist like KK's would be helpful ha. Can't wait to see what you find!

henning love said...

we went to our favorite winery yesterday and we had a pick up since we are members momma is drinking tonight :-)

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

Love the gold eyeliner! I've never seen it before!

Unknown said...

Love the gold eyeliner. Friday sounds like it was fun! Glad you enjoyed your weekend, and I hope that cold didn't spread!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

You can totally rock the gold eyeliner look. I hope you take some pictures if you do it! Hope your little girl gets over her cold quick!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

OMG loving your gray and yellow outfit! Too cute! Love that gold eyeliner too, the perfect sun kissed, bronzed look! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

<3, Pamela
sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, I'm curious about the gold eyeliner. If you try it you must blog about it and let us know if you like it.

Ally Harding said...

Gold eyeliner would look awesome with your skintone!

JMO said...

Looks like so much fun and this is the first time I've seen the gold trend! (I need a tan first haha)

Lisa Loves John said...

Love the gold eyeliner!! Perfect for summer! ...and wine, blogging and TV is my kind of night :) :)

Amanda K. said...

i always say that when one of my kids gets sick, i feel like i'm looking down the barrel of a gun. they get sick, then my other child gets sick, then i get sick.
and my daughter is under 1 so her runny nose usually turns into an ear infection and a round of antibiotics. ugh.
so now i'm crazy about germs. hope everyone feels better in your house soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! J. Lo's makeup is always flawless hehe although her eyeliner looks more of a copper/penny color. Perhaps that would stand out better than gold?

Thanks for joining MMG this week!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Love that gold liner, I feel like it doesn't pop as much with my light complexion though :(

LeeLee said...

Love the makeup trend.