SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mousekateers! (Disney Recap)

Happy Tuesday, I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend, aren't they the best?!  As you all know, last week we headed to Disney World for a couple of days.  We have weekday annual passes, so we go often.  As a child I went to Disney often too since we lived in Orlando and my mom worked for Disney, and I have so many great memories there!  I'm so happy that our kids will grow up with the same type of memories :)


We headed up on Tuesday late morning, got there around 2:30 and checked into our hotel.  We stayed at Coronado Springs.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel it was gorgeous!  It was one of my favorite hotels that we have ever stayed in.  The architecture and landscaping were amazing!  The resort is supposed to be reminiscent of ancient Mexico.


We arrived at Magic Kingdom (my favorite) at around 3:30 and hit up It's A Small World.  The kids love the ride and I think it's a great way to ease them into the rides.  After that we met Elsa and Anna - I was SO excited to meet them, I think I was just as about as excited as E!  By the way it's CRAZY how huge the movie is right now -- Disney sells out of everything SO fast - they cannot keep up with the demands.  It's hard to get any merchandise and of course the merchandise that they do have is priced extremely high!


After meeting Anna and Elsa, we hit up more rides and character meeting and left the park around 8:30pm.

The next day we took it easy in the morning, we ate breakfast (no trip is complete without Mickey waffles for the kids) and hit up the pool.  We decided that we liked going to the park better in the afternoon - it wasn't as hot and the crowds seemed better, plus I wanted E to nap so that we can stay late and see the Electrical Parade - which I have always loved.  Everyone took a nap and we got to the park again around 3:30 and stayed until 9:30.  We went to Magic Kingdom to do some things we weren't able to do the day before, like the Little Mermaid ride, meeting Ariel, and the Tea Cups.

How cool is this pool?!  They also had a huge waterslide


It was another great trip, and we already can't wait to go back in the Fall!



post signature

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

That is SO awesome you can head to Disney just like that! We are planning to go next year and I seriously cannot wait!!

jennifer said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like you had an awesome time!

Katie Elizabeth said...

LOVE Coronado Springs - we stayed there almost every year we went growing up! So many amazing memories at that pool! This is making me beyond sad that we cancelled our June trip down there.. we figured saving money for moving would be a more responsible choice but it's no fun being responsible haha

Kristen said...

did you actually meet ariel? i have never 'met' her and i have been to disneyland once and disneyworld twice. boo! the last time i went, frozen wasnt out yet, i cant imagine how crazy it is! i would be so excited, i am such a kid at disney. i always cry happy tears haha. jealous you can go so often! i cannnnnooottt wait to have kids to take.

Nat said...

Looks like such a great weekend!! How nice that you're close- that hotel pool looks dreamy. I've never been to Disney before- but I feel like I might have to take my kids one day :)

MakeMeUpMia said...

I've never been but can't wait to go someday. I'm hoping after we move to FL we can go quickly :) My friend is there this week and that is where they are staying too!

Jillian said...

aww i bet they had the best time! i went with my family when i was 10 and it was a blast. xo jillian - cornflake dreams stop by, im hosting a tasty giveaway.

Rachel said...

Is it weird that I'm jealous that you met Anna and Elsa? haha!

Nina B. said...

oh my gosh...too cute!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I've never seen the line for Anna and Elsa not disgustingly long! How long did you end up waiting? I wish we could go on a day other than Sunday aka busybusybusyday. Hooray for Disney!

Pink and Fabulous said...

How lucky were you that your mom worked for Disney?! Avery would go nuts to meet Anna and Elsa!!! This is so fun! I am so jealous you live so close!

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Oh I can't wait to take the kids!! I'll have to check out that hotel. It looks awesome!

henning love said...

oh my gosh that castle is even more regal than the one here in California. wowie!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Oh how I just LOVE Disney! I'm hoping to go one more time before our passes black out for 2 months.

Ally Harding said...

I'm so jealous you're able to go to Disney whenever you want! We went last year for the first time since I was in 4th grade and I was more excited than the kids! I had such a blast I can't wait to go back! Love that I'm able to relive all the magic through your blog post!

Unknown said...

I love Disney! I used to work there and I miss it so much! Glad to hear you had so much fun!!
Liz
Baby Got B.A.

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Your trip sounds so fun!!! I live right by Disneyland and so wish they had weekday passes for us! They have special Southern California ones but they are still so expensive and have so many blocked out days. Weekday passes are the best!