SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Happenings

I hope you all had the best weekend.  We had a really nice one, one that I will never forget.
Friday we did the usual - run errands, clean up some and ended with some pizza.  Saturday, we went wedding dress shopping for my sister.  It was such a fun experience, seeing my little sister try on all of the dresses was a little surreal, I can't believe she's getting married!  We walked in the store and picked out a lot of dresses.  There was one in particular that caught my eye so I had her try it on, it was the last dress she tried on and it looked AMAZING on her.  She loved it so much, and started to cry... everyone in the store was coming up to her to tell her how gorgeous she looked in it... needless to say she chose it and ordered it.  I'm so happy I was there to see her try on the dresses, and even happier that I picked it out for her, such an awesome memory.  She's going to look so pretty in it, I can't wait to see Dustin's face as she walks down the aisle!

This isn't the dress she chose... but I wanted to include a picture of her trying them on

Saturday night ended with us having a goodbye dinner for our friend Erin who's moving to Texas.  She's such a sweet person, we're sure going to miss her.



Sunday was a relaxed day we went to see our friend's new home then went out for an early dinner.  J had to work overtime so we had to be home early. The kids and I played some, then it was bath and bed time for them. I ended the night drinking some wine and watching the Oscars.  I love Ellen Degeneres, she's hilarious! I think my favorite part of award shows is seeing everyone dressed up, my favorites were Lupita Nyong'o and Sandra Bullock - their dresses were stunning!  Also, I remember always thinking that the Oscars were boring - I enjoyed them this year, way more than I did the Grammy's.... is that a sign I'm getting old?!



Have a great day!







post signature
Christina @ Still Lucky said...

What a great weekend. I bet it was so much fun to see your sister trying on dresses. What a memory! There were so many gorgeous dresses last night at the Oscars, I love Sandra's too!

Pink and Fabulous said...

You and your sister look so much alike! What a good weekend! Happy Monday :)

KatiePerk said...

I said the same thing about the Oscar's. I enjoyed what I saw.

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

I loved having my big sis with me when trying on my dress! The best! Xx.

Sarah said...

Wedding dress shopping with your sister must have been so much fun! I cannot wait for my sister to get engaged so I can do that!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress Laurie has on in the pic. She looks amazing!!! Wedding Dress shopping is something so special. I'm so glad you guys got to do that together. My fav part of the Oscar's was Ellen(she cracks me up). Charlize Theron looked stunning, her dress was so classic and her look all together was just so elegant. So many beautiful dresses last night. What the heck was up with Jared Leto and his outfit, a suit would of been nice :0/. BTW that salad looks awesome, I'll be over in half and hour :0)

Lisa Loves John said...

Yay for wedding dress shopping!! She looks gorgeous!! :)

And I agree, Ellen is hilarious!! She did such a good job :)

Katie Elizabeth said...

So exciting for your sister! Mine is only 17 but I can't wait for this day with her! The Oscars were so good last night, Ellen was hilarious and I thought literally everyone looked amazing! Sandra Bullock and Kate Hudson were definitely my best dressed!

Kendwy Valdez said...

That is a very beautiful dress!
Make sure to keep the groom off your blog! lol
Late night wine during the Oscars? Sounds like my Sunday evening.