SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Veggie Breakfast Casserole

On Saturday morning we had an old friend of the family come over for brunch.  We hadn't seen her in over 10 years, so it was so great to see her and catch up.  It was a happy morning filled with good food, laughing and mimosas - because no big breakfast is complete without a mimosa or two ;)

We had so much food!  Fruit, bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, bacon and I made the breakfast casserole that I mentioned on Friday.  I switched it up a bit since my sister is a vegetarian.  The casserole was SO delicious!  It was my first time making a breakfast casserole, and it definitely wont be my last.  It's so easy and there are so many ways to switch it up and keep it egg-citing exciting!

recipe adapted from keyingredient

Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
6 cups frozen shredded has browns
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a mixed cheddar bag)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
8 eggs beaten
3 cups milk 
Salt & Pepper to taste


  • Grease a 13x9 pan and add hash browns, cheese and green onions (or what other veggie you'd like)
  • In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, mix salt and pepper
  • Pour egg mixture on top of hash brown/cheese/veggies
Bake in 350 degree oven for about 55 min until the edges are golden brown


Next time, I think I'm going to crisp up some bacon and add it to the casserole and maybe add some spinach too.  Mushrooms would also be great in it, but the hubs isn't a mushroom fan.

Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone!




post signature
Ally Harding said...

Breakfast casserole or "breakfast bake" as Theo calls it is one of my favorite things to eat. I couldn't imagine it without sausage but this actually looks really delicious. Much healthier too!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

YUM! I LOVE a good breakfast casserole!!! xx

Katie Elizabeth said...

This looks so good! I've actually never made a breakfast casserole with hash browns in it so I'll have to try this sometime! We love having stuff like this for dinner sometimes :)

KatiePerk said...

I love breakfast casseroles. I make a lot of them as it seems to help us have breakfast made during the week to get us out of the door on time. Will add this one to my rotation!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Yum!!! So egg-citing ;)

Anonymous said...

looks delish. definitely going to have to give this a try. also. brunch and mimosas are a definite necesssity.

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I love egg bakes like this. Sometimes I'll make them for dinner is that weird?

Alexa said...

Oh that looks heavenly! Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

Looks delish :0)