SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Master Bedroom Inspiration

Hubby and I are thinking about purchasing a new bedroom set in a few months.  We've had the set we have now since we got married - almost 10 years, and it's really not our style anymore.  It's very clunky and big, not to mention we have a queen sized bed, and when you add a kid or two that hop in when they have a bad dream or don't feel good, there's just not.enough.room!

We've seen a lot of bedroom sets, nothing really wows me too much and for that reason we're thinking about getting the Hemnes set from Ikea.  The set itself is nice, and I like that I can tailor the pieces to our liking -ie: mix-match colors, build our own chest with drawers that would fit our needs - with the Stuva collection. This calls my attention because it wouldn't be a cookie-cutter set that I would get from the furniture store, not that those sets are bad, it's just that none have caught my attention and the ones that we've seen aren't made that great for their price.

Hemnes collection

Once we buy a new set, I'd like to make our bedroom more "cozy" feeling.  In all the years of being married, we've never had a well decorated room (at least not that I've thought so), or one that felt cozy or relaxing.  I think as parents with kids, toys, and chaos everywhere we should have a bedroom that we love and is relaxing to us.  Here are some bedrooms I'm digging:






My fave!!!  via

Basically I think I'd like a light and airy feel, which is my style all over my house.  But I'd also like a cozy and romantic feel.  What are your tips and tricks for styling a master bedroom?





post signature
Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

Love all of your inspiration pics! So pretty!

Pink and Fabulous said...

You need your bedroom to reflect you! I love soft blues (they're supposed to be relaxing) and lots of white and beige to make it soft and neutral. I love all white bedding too!

JMO said...

We are doing the same soon and I must say the 2nd picture is my absolute fav!! Can't wait to see what yall decide on!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I love all of these! This looks exactly like my "home inspiration" Pinterest board haha! Love the neutral colors and lots of different textures.. makes it look so luxurious!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

I LOVE the set you picked out. And your colors too, very soothing. I like the first and last inspiration pictures the best, especially that large sunburst mirror. Those are so beautiful! We're still working on our master bedroom but I completely agree with you about it being your own space to come to at the end of the day. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Lauren @ My Slice of Life said...

LOVE your inspiration pics! We also have a light grey bedroom that is in need of a revamp. I don't know why but it seems to be the room with the least 'décor love'! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! I love the inspiration!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

YES girl!! Those neutral colored rooms are my heart!! So peaceful and serene!!! xx

Hannah Terpstra said...

Definitely loving the inspiration pics! So cozy!! Love the first and the last especially! Thanks, as always :), for linking up to the Mom-Lovin Hop! Always love to hop over to see what you are up to!