SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kale Chips

Kale is a newish vegetable for us -- we love it, and like to saute it with onions, garlic, salt and olive oil as a side or we use it to make salads.  I was looking at the bag and saw a recipe to make Kale Chips.  I had heard (from Pinterest) about them before and the recipe was super easy!


Kale Chips

- Preheat oven to 350*
- Put kale into a bowl drizzle with olive oil, salt and/or whatever spices you want to use and mix


- Place kale on a baking sheet and make sure that the kale is flat and not on top of other kale

- Bake for 5 min on top rack - set timer
- Bake for 5 min on lowest rack - set timer
- Take out of oven, let cool and enjoy!
These are becoming one of my favorite snacks.  They're healthy and I love their light and airy crunch!  By no means do they replace potato chips, but they are a nice alternative when you're in the mood for something "crunchy".

Next on my list to try are roasted garbanzo beans -- anyone have a good recipe for it?

Have great Thursday!
Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Yes! I love kale, so I obviously love kale chips! Such a yummy alternative!!! xx

Katie Elizabeth said...

Everyone has been posting kale recipes and I have still yet to try it! I'm going to have to hop on the bandwagon because this looks really good!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I love kale chips! So easy and so healthy!