SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wino Wednesday


 I went to Publix about a week ago and passed by a sale that said Buy One Get One save $21.49 on wine, I thought I was seeing things, so I turned around and as I looked closer I was right, and on top of that there was also a $1 coupon on each bottle so I could try two bottles of $21.49 wine for $9.75 each... um YES!  St. Francis 2008 Sanoma County Merlot delicious!





Once at home I opened the bottle and loved the wine, it was very smooth yet bold.  Here are the wine makers notes:  This Merlot is smooth and elegant with classic flavors and aromas of cherry, chocolate and plum.  Its silky structure is balanced by soft tannins and a bold, lengthy finish.  

I highly recommend this wine and if it's not at your local store you can buy it here.  You can pair it with any of your favorite dishes but I think it would be especially good with pasta, beef, mushrooms and even pizza.


Have any of you tried this wine?  What is your favorite Merlot?

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Love new vino recommendations and always good for a Merlot! I've been stuck on Cabs and Chardonnays for a while now, may have to switch it up and try this one!

Unknown said...

I love your dedication to wine. It is awesome! I'm not a huge wine person but I love a good chilled chardonnay! I might have to try this one tho.. thanks for the recommendation!

http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com/