SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wino Wednesday - 2010 Tranco Monastrell Cabernet Sauvignon



We came across this wine at Costco - yes we go to Costco a lot and usually most of my wines are from Costco, their selection is great!  Anyway, we saw the 90 points written on the bottle and figured I'd give it a try.  

Here are the winemakers notes:   "The 2010 Tranco is an intriguing blend of 75% Monastrell and 25% Cabernet Sauvignon aged three months in French and American oak as well as larger demi-muids. It offers elegant black raspberry and blueberry fruit notes along with hints of cassis, damp earth and barrique. This medium to full-bodied, ripe 2010 is a sensational bargain."



I really enjoyed the wine as a first sipped it, I just wished that it had as good as a finish as it does when it's first sipped.

In all, I thought the wine was decent and a good try.  I think this would be good for beginner red wine drinkers as it's smooth and is more of a weak finish.


Have a great Wednesday!!



Lauren said...

I've always been a white wine drinker so this might be a good choice for me to ease into the reds ;)

Katie Elizabeth said...

Love me some Costco! We get almost all of our alcohol from there. I especially love their sparkling wines!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Costco has so many delicious wines! I'll never knock it! I love these posts :)
xo

Stephanie said...

High five for Costco wine!!!

Taylor Jeavons said...

Beginner's wine = me... :) I'll have to pick this up. I've nominated you for The Sunshine Award, deets are over on my blog :)

http://tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-sunshine-award.html