SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tray problems

So I got this tray for our living room ottoman....



Pretty huh? I thought it looked nice with our pillows and I could put some pops of yellow or something bright to break up all of the blue, and add some nice color. This is the living room I'm trying to draw inspiration from - I love it!


The problem I have is Jonah.  He either pushes the tray to the floor OR sits in the tray like he's on a sled! I can't think of what to put on the tray that wont break, or spill, or be destroyed.  Do any of you have any ideas on how I can style this toddler proof? 

I hope you all have a great Thursday! We're having a lot of fun and can't wait to share pictures and tell you all about it!


Alexa said...

It is seriously so cute, but I'm also at a loss of what to do about the toddler situation!

Cramer Coffee and Jesus said...

So so cute! I need to expand and try cool things like that. Haha

Pink and Fabulous said...

Love your blog, just found it! We had the same problem with our little guy. I told him no when he did it a couple of times then moved it away for a couple of days. When I put it back it was of no interest to him (as long as it didn't get in the way of his trains.) Good luck :)

Lindsay
www.pinkandfablife.blogspot.com

Sara McCarty said...

At our house, the best way to make sure the that toddler doesn't play with it is to fill it with his toys and give it to him. If he knows he can have it, he doesn't want it. :) The more we try to take it away, the more he wants it! Good luck!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

I love Sara's tip! haha it's so true for us as well! But I love your inspiration picture. I'm obsessed with grey couches. I think they are the best neutral and so chic.

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Love love love the navy and yellow living room! That tray is a great step in the direction of creating it too! I can't wait to see how close you get to your inspiration pic!

Megan said...

Ha-ha oh no! Do you have any super cute toys you could use to decorate it?

Megan
Hello Newlywed Life Blog

therelishedroost said...

Love your blog's name!! Make mine "almost adults and chardonnay"!! LOL
fun blue and white finds!
Best,
Karolyn

-Lisa said...

Hi Amanda!
Welcome to the world of blogging. You are doing a great job! I just looked at your anniversary post and you are absolutely adorable :-) Coming your way via The Pink Pagoda Blue & White link party.
Now for your tray dilemma. I would pick up a few fun wooden animal figurines and spray paint some of them white and some bright yellow. I would even try to find a few brightly colored wooden alphabet blocks. That way you are getting the punch of color with items that won't break!
Hope this helps.
Fondly-Lisa