SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wino Wednesday

Uno Malbec has been one of my favorite wines for nearly a year.  Not only is the bottle pretty awesome with a copper number 1 on it; the taste is  pretty awesome too! I loved this wine so much that I may have bought a case of it and am finally drinking up my last glass while I type this {no worries I'm typing on Tuesday night, not Wednesday morning ;)}

This is the winemakers description of the wine for those curious: Intense red color with violet tones.  Aromas of wild berry and dark plum with a hint of coffee.  Berry and plum continue to the palate with smoke and vanilla joining through the persistent finish.  Pairs well with red meat entrees, Beef Wellington, roasted leg of lamb, grilled vegetables, and semi-firm cheeses.

 

 

For those who are red wine lovers I highly recommend this wine. If you can't find it at any stores (we got ours at Costco) you can go here and purchase a bottle.

Does anyone have any wines that they recommend?  I'm always looking for a new favorite :)



Xo,
Amanda





Maria@TheBrooklynFig said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Right now we are enjoying a new to us wine called The Seven Sisters- a white blend, light and fruity.

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Oh thanks! I've heard of the Seven Sisters, but I don't think I've tried any of their wines yet. Are they the brand that mix 7 different types of wines to make their blends?

Khammany said...

Hi Amanda, found your blog just blog hopping around and loved that your blog is centered around wine! I love wine, especially red. My all time go-to fave is Vietti Nebbiolo Perbacco. It's around $25/bottle so not cheap, but not expensive. And it never disappoints! I am a new follower. Please hop over to my blog if you get a moment! Looking forward to sharing our love of wine!
-Khammany

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Nice to meet you! I'll have to check that one out too! I have a bottle that's in the $20's range that's my absolute favorite! It's called Stella Maris - so yummy!