SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday, Monday (Weekend Recap)

How was everyone's weekend?  We had a pretty good one.  We spent a lot of time together and did a few fun things.

On Friday, I got the kids' haircut.  This was special out of all other haircuts because E joined J and had her hair cut for the FIRST TIME!  That's right - I've never cut her hair except for when she's gotten gum in it.  E had the best time.  If you know my daughter, you know that she is the biggest girly-girl there is... she already loves lip gloss, clothes, shoes, and she watches me do my makeup and knows the name to every product I use.  So for her this was such a fun experience and she felt like such a big girl!  She kept telling everyone who walked into the salon "Guess what?! I'm getting my first haircut today!"




My little hunk after his cut



with Donna her "hairdresser" and a very close friend of the family

After a quick trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond we came home, played, ate dinner then headed to the park right before sundown so the kids could get some ants out of their pants before bed.






On Saturday we got to meet our friend's new baby... he's so adorable, and it made me forget how tiny they are when they're first born - so cute and cuddly!  I held him and loved him up forever.  Best part is after you're done you get to give them back and not be sleep deprived haha.  Actually, I take that back, I'm still sleep deprived - just not as bad.  We had so much fun meeting him and so did the kids.  They got to play with their older daughter and play with some instruments they had there.  J was so good on the drums, we were all impressed! 








Sunday we hung out at home, played and watched football.  We were supposed to meet up with some friends for dinner at my favorite restaurant Rustic Inn which is the best crab house EVER; they make the best garlic crabs but JZ got called into work.  Gotta love the life of a fireman (or probably anyone who's in a "service job")  I was so bummed because I had such a craving for them! 

Don't these look amazing?  I had to tease you since I was teased too... hopefully we'll get to go soon


Either way, the kids and I had fun at home we ended up going to the park again, and you know I had a glass of wine earlier than normal... it's 5 o'clock somewhere! 






What did you do this weekend?






Linking up with Sami for weekend shenanigans 

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, YES those crabs look amazing! The kids look super cute getting their haircut :) Glad they enjoyed it!

xoxo
Megan

Katie said...

Your kids are *adorable*, Amanda!

Unknown said...

very cute! Love their smiles!! that crab plate looked delicious!! yum!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Love the haircut pics - can you believe we had to start cutting C's hair just after he turned 1?? He's had so many since I can't keep track. And wine is fine anytime....omg did I really just rhyme like that?

Have a great week girl!

jennifer said...

I love love love crab legs! I think I know what I'm going to have when we go out next time! I couldn't have them when I was breastfeeding because they upset Mya's stomach, so it's time! Also, I have baby fever so bad, and this post did not help that! :p

Pink and Fabulous said...

Ok, your children are ridiculously cute! I wish mine looked that happy getting their hair cut. I am also so jealous that you live close to Rustic Inn. Best crabs EVER!

Kitty and June said...

Your kiddos are sooo cute!!!!

Ally Harding said...

So sorry to hear you weren't able to go eat crab legs :( hopefully you'll get to go soon! Your kids are so cute and I love that your little girl is so girly already!