SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wino Wednesday {Link Up} | Peju 2010 Merlot

My sister-in-law who is as much of a wine lover as me, and probably has a better understanding of wine than I do, brought Peju 2010 Merlot over the other night.  It was from one of the vineyards that she visited in Napa and she said that she fell in love with it as soon as she tried it.  She and I always save wines that we are impressed with to drink together, it's fun having someone that loves wines as much I do.  Of course she was right about the wine - it was one of the best wines I've had in a while!


Peju 2010 Merlot had a nice deep, sweet and smoky finish.  We ate it alongside some kalamatta olives, and then had another glass all by itself - it was just as amazing by itself .  The wine is 89% Merlot and 11% Cabernet but because it's largely made up of Merlot, they call it a Merlot.  Here are the winemaker's notes:
"This is a round, juicy Merlot with tannins that are supple but pronounced—a solidly built wine that is drinkable and fruit forward now but will also fare well with age. The nose is full of ripe blackberry and plum, and more bright berries and currants on the palate along with hints of anise, cocoa and vanilla bean."

As you can see from the pictures, the bottle was empty - we just couldn't help ourselves and the wine was done before we knew it!  If you see this wine TRY IT I have no doubt that you'll love it as much as we did.




Now it's your turn, link up below and tell me what wines you've enjoyed...



Pink and Fabulous said...

This sounds delicious! Merlot/Cab blends are always one of my favorites! Not to mention eaten with olives! Yum! I mean CHEERS! xoxo

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I'm linking up this afternoon if that's okay! Writing during my infusion! See you then!

Ally Harding said...

Love these posts! I can use all the wine help I can get. I usually just stick to the few brands I know and love. I need to venture out some.

Court @ Sweet Home Alabamian said...

I love sangria. I can't drink many wines. I know, something must be wrong with me!!

Kristen said...

yummmmmm! this looks delish!!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Sounds delicious, I need to venture out of my comfort zone and try new wines!

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

Yay totally trying it! Love this link-up!

Jillian said...

hahah i love that the bottle was empty :) glad you liked it! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Anonymous said...

Oh yum, writing this one down. Empty bottles = success. And on that note, it is also very successful we now have rolling recycle bins with LIDS so none of my neighbors know of our many, many empty bottles each week haha.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Love this linkup because it encourages me to try new wines other than the $4 Trader Joe bottles, haha!

Rachel said...

Ooo I will have to try this one!! Red blends are my fav. I added my first link up, so excited to be a part of it! :)

JMO said...

Ah! I wish I had a post prepared- I'm not big on Merlot but would try it in a heartbeat! Thanks for the review!

Heather Lockhart said...

You had me at "smoky." This wine sounds excellent!

-Heather
I do what I want.

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Momma sounds good! I just recently started trying (and liking!) red wines.