SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Gym-tastic Fun

I can't remember if I have mentioned it yet or not but we enrolled the kids in gymnastics a few weeks ago. Since we are most likely homeschooling (I'm doing preschool from home with E right now and loving it) we wanted something where she was with other kids and was with a "teacher" and gymnastics was perfect because I'm not with her -  it's just her, her classmates and a teacher.

Once I enrolled E, I thought putting J in a mommy and me class would be fun for him.  I mean, it would be an hour that the monkey in him is allowed to climb, jump, and do all of the crazy things he tries doing at home; I knew he'd love it and sure enough he's having a ball!  He loves the trampoline and all of the bars - his favorite using the slide to slide down into a pool of foam pieces!


The kids always look forward to their class and it's so cute to see them learning all of these new little tricks and gaining confidence, especially E because she's so cautious in everything.  One of my favorite things of the mommy and me class is I get to watch E from across the room as she learns, and interacts with everyone - it truly is the cutest thing.  If we ever lock eyes she gives me this huge smile and waves at me and it melts my heart every.single.time.

I'm so happy we have them in something that they both like and have so much fun doing... and that makes them sleep really well at night ;)

Do you have your children in any actives?  Would you recommend anything else that your kids enjoy?


PS - I'm posting over at Down With The Dearmore's today taking part in her All About Mommy Series and talking about what us mamas can do to relax - I hope you'll pop over and say hi :)


post signature



   



Jessica Lynn said...

hi! Coming over from the link-up :) I'm so excited to put my daughter in gymnastics...or dance class...or something! She's 14 months right now, but she loves climbing (on everything) and dancing! I think she'll love it!

Pink and Fabulous said...

So fun!! I always did younger "gymnastics" with the kids and they loved it and now Avery is dying to do gymnastics!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Aww how fun! I did gymnastics and dance when I was little and when I have kids I think I'll introduce them to it too! I definitely wasn't serious about it but it was super fun!

<3, Pamela
sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I loved gymnastics when I was a kid!! We have a little kids gym around here and I'm thinking of joining over the winter so Savanna and I have something to do!

Jillian said...

aww so fun! i bet they love it! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Kristen said...

haha can i come?! this looks like so much fun!

Alisha said...

So much fun!! I can't wait for my little one to be able to join in on these fun activities! Great moment to remember! Thanks for stopping by the link up today!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

So adorable! They're having fun and so are you. I love gymnastics!

Megan at Megan Can said...

This looks like so much fun! I want to be in the class!

Unknown said...

We are enrolling our daughter in gymnastics this week! I am so excited. Found you on the Momma Moments link up. Excited to follow along!

Sarah @ Year of Sarah
http://www.yearofsarahblog.com

Katie Elizabeth said...

So fun! My brother and I took similar classes when we were growing up and have so many great memories from it! I looove watching gymnastics so that is one thing I definitely want to sign my non-existent daughter up for one day, haha!

Hall Around Texas said...

How fun! Mason did gymnastics for 2 1/2 months and loved it. But then all of a sudden he wanted to stop going! I think because the weather started getting nicer and he wanted to be outside playing. We may try it again in the Fall/Winter!

Ally Harding said...

I think you might have a future gymnast on your hands!

The Purple Front Door said...

Your kids look like they're having an absolute blast at gym! I used to teach a beginner's gymnastic class and it was so much seeing the kids progress and generally have a good time!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

my little sissy would LOVE this!

Heather Lockhart said...

I'm so glad that they're doing gymnastics and enjoying it! My part-time "job/hobby" is being a gymnastics judge, and I agree that it's a fantastic way for kids to learn discipline, confidence, and motor skills. Plus, they're running around a gym, not your house!

-Heather
I do what I want.

Jessica said...

I love the idea of a Mommy & Me class - SO fun! And totally agree with you - it's a great way for the littles to get their energy out. Especially our rambunctious little boys!:) Thanks for linking up with us today!:)

Lisa Loves John said...

So sweet!!! I bet it is so fun watching them!

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

We are homeschooling too!! Next year will be my oldest's first official year. He'll be in kindergarten. Right now we are doing swim class once a week, which he LOVES. he's a fish!! Next fall we'll enroll Emma in it, too. One of our local gymnastic gyms offers PE for homeschoolers. I'll definitely be checking that out this fall. So happy to be following along with you!!

Unknown said...

Love that they're doing gymnastics!!! It looks like they're loving it!


http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

So sweet when they see you and smile or wave! I melt every time too =) Total bonus that they get tuckered out and sleep well at night! Mom win all around.

LeeLee said...

Aw, this sounds and looks like so much fun.

Unknown said...

Those girls all look so happy! I've heard that gymnastics can really help build confidence in children, so I want to get my little niece involved. I'm looking at buying her a leotard from companies like kBee Leotards. What kind of leotard would you recommend for a beginner?